Regrettably, I've put this off for way too long because (A) you may not know this, but I'm a really indecisive person. I mean I'm really, really bad with making decisions, and (B) I'm going to have to force myself to choose between all of these wonderful blogs I follow for someone to receive these wonderful awards. It's going to be so hard, and heart breaking. And, although I have no idea what the rules are, I'm pretty sure they won't allow me to give this award to everyone [tear]. Even though I'm tempted to ditch the (unknown) rules and just do what I want. Really, really tempted.
However, after much thought, I've decide not to be a cheater, and I'm going to pull up my big girl pants (already) and make some tough decisions. I can, so, do this! [The key is for me to constantly remind myself: I can do it. Otherwise, I'll remain on my laptop all day, toiling away on this blog post, while trying to decide who to give these awards. Don't you feel sorry for me???]
So, without further ado, I give you the winners (that have not previously won, as far as I know):
First up: The One Lovely Blog Award
1) Daisy Whitney - Daisy is one of the sweetest and funniest people I've ever met (or not met, technically, but talk to... all the time, and that's almost the same thing, right?), and she has one of the coolest websites ever. Not only does she host Daisy Whitney's New Media Minute, which is awesome, but she is also the author of her debut novel: The Mockingbirds, which hits shelves November 2010. I can't wait to read it! It's going to be absolutely fantastic! And the list doesn't stop there, but I digress. If I didn't, I would probably be here all day. (Yes, Daisy is just that cool!)
2) Kristan Hoffman - Kristan, what can I say? Her website/blog is made of pure awesomeness...I swear. If you haven't checked it out, you should do so now! Aside from her fabulous blog, she also is the extremely talented author of a hilarious web series called Twenty-Somewhere, which is on submission as we speak with St. Martin's Press. How cool is that?
Next up: The Honest Scrap Award
1) Kristi Chestnutt- As one of my first blog followers, I will always hold a soft place in my heart for her. (Really, I will.) Mostly because, she wanted to read my blog before I even really knew what I was doing. Thanks Kristi! You ROCK! But, not only that, Kristi is the author of The Wolf Within, which is her debut novel and is set to release in February 2010. What a talented lady she is!
2) Kristin of Kristin Creative - First of all, Kristin is a native Texan (as is Kristan, by the way), and we Texans have to stick together! Her blog rocks, though, and I'm particularly fond of Teaser Tuesdays. Plus, she has good taste in books, movies, and TV shows. [I promise that's not why I chose her though!] Keep up the good work, Kristin. You will go far!
3) Lalena McKnight - My partner in crime since the seventh grade. Oh, the fun times we had. As any true friend would, Lalena has been there for me from the beginning--she even has the laboring task of reading my (sometimes boring and really poorly written) work. You should feel sorry for her, really you should. Poor girl! Anyway, I thought she deserved this award (not just because it will give her a chuckle) but because she is very handy with a camera. Seriously, she takes beautiful pictures. You should check them out!
And that concludes today's Award Ceremony. It was a really hard choice, and believe me, if I were the one making up the rules (I'm still clueless as to what they are, by the way), I would have given everyone an award today.
PS - Watch out for these ladies! They're all truly talented and are most definitely on the road to success! Check out their sites if you don't believe me!